Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Why?

Why have I decided to bike the California Coast?  Frankly, I think this is a silly question.  I have recently accepted a big kid job in Florida, and before I move there I want to get in a few last California adventures.  I have always wanted to do a bike tour, so this seems like the perfect time to just pack all my things on a bike and go.  


Why have I decided to create this blog?  Well, I thought that a few people (Hi Meg!) might want to entertain themselves by following my progress.  I will try and post photos and tidbits along the way, partially for you to see what I've done, and partially to create a record for me to look back on.  Also, if you happen to see I will be coming near you and want to pedal a few miles, let me crash, or just meet up then please let me know!


Lastly, you may be wondering why my blog has a ridiculous title like oscarrrramon.  Well, for those of you have haven't been formally introduced please meet Oscar Rrramon, my road bike, and the trusty steed who will hopefully allow me to pedal all the way from the Oregon Border down to Mexico.  Please make sure you roll the 3 Rs in Rrramon!


Oscar Rrramon!

7 comments:

  1. Hey Jenny! Good luck with your trip! I am a little jealous. But not really. I think I'd get tired of all the biking. There will be some awesome stretches that I'd like to see myself some day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you come through Sandy Eggo on your way to tbe border, you're welcome to crash at my place! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopefully the reason his name starts with Oscar doesn't make your trip too exciting...do you have lots of extra tubes with you?

    And also, I agree with Adele.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I gather from your findmespot website that you are in possession of a SPOT personal locator. I am jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you need clean socks just holler : )

    ReplyDelete